Join Eastern Regional Director Kelley Berliner for another behind-the-scenes look at one of our Virginia Preserves. This time, Kelley will share more about the Pamplin Pipe Factory Preserve in central Virginia.
This Conservancy Preserve contains the remains of, what was at one time, the largest production facility of clay tobacco pipes in the world. Watch our latest video short to learn more about the history of this interesting site and how it came to be permanently preserved.
You can learn even more about the site and its history by visiting the links below:
- Pamplin Area Legacy Supporters Group
- Archived Article from our Website
- Virginia Department of Historic Resources
- University of Missouri, Department of Anthropology
- History of Ceramic Industry (PDF)
✨Please visit our YouTube channel to subscribe and help us reach 1,000 subscribers this year!