POSITION: Southwest Regional Director
GENERAL INFORMATION: The Archaeological Conservancy (TAC) is the only national organization that acquires preserves. and manages archaeological sites in the U.S. Founded in 1980, the organization is seeking a a Southwest Regional Director based in Albuquerque, NM..
- Acquire, preserve and manage archaeological sites in the Southwest and Great Plains (AZ, UT, NM, CO, WY, MT, TX, 0K, KS, NE, and SD)
- Generate support funds for this program.
- Build public support for archaeological preservation.
Position Responsibility is to assist the Regional Director to:
- Complete all phases of land acquisition projects;
- Evaluate · proposed projects suggested by experts;
- Conduct extended negotiations with landowners to acquire property through gift or purchase;
- Work with central office on tax; legal and financial matters relating to acquisitions;
- Generate funding for specific acquisition projects;
- Work with interested persons and groups (including governments) to build support for archaeological site preservation;
- Supervise management of existing preserves;
- Supervise support staff and volunteers;
- Conduct archaeological tours.
- Demonstrated preservation/conservation ethic and/or public interest ethic. Very high motivation;
- Generalist education with a superior academic record, minimum bachelor’s degree, some archaeological education is desirable;
- At least one year experience in real estate, law, business, or entrepreneurship;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills;
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people, farmers to corporate executives;
- Ability to work independently and decisively and to successfully complete a wide variety of tasks;
- Experience with archaeological -site preservation and/or cultural resource management.
Availability: Fall 2022
Salary: Depends on experience. Excellent benefits.
Location: Based in Albuquerque, NM with extensive travel throughout the region (persons unable to travel extensively need not apply.)
Application Procedure: Send resume and letter indicating interest in this position to The Archaeological Conservancy, 1717 Girard Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87106-1718 or to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER