POSITION: Field Representative-Southwest Region
GENERAL INFORMATION: The Archaeological Conservancy (TAC) is the only national organization that acquires preserves. and manages archaeological sites in the U.S. Founded in 1980, the organization is seeking a field representative to assist the regional director and staff. The organization is small but growing.
- Acquire, preserve and manage archaeological sites in the Southwest (AZ, UT, NM, CO, WY, MT, TX, 0K, KS, NE, and SD)
- Generate support funds for this program.
- Build public support for archaeological preservation.
Position Responsibility is to assist the Regional Director to:
- Complete all phases of land acquisition projects including:
a) Research and evaluate proposed preservation projects.
b) Conduct extended negotiations with landowners to acquire property through gift or purchase.
c) Work with central office on tax, legal and financial matters relating to acquisitions.
- Generate funding for specific acquisition projects.
- Work with interested persons and groups (including governments) to build support for archaeological site preservation.
- Develop management plans and coordinate site stewards for the preserves.
- Demonstrated preservation/conservation ethic and/or public interest ethic. Must be highly motivated.
- Bachelors degree in archaeology or related field with some additional graduate education or field work in the above states.
- Experience in real estate, law, business, dealing with landowners or entrepreneurship.
- Experience with archaeological site preservation and/or cultural resource management.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and computer skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people from farmers to corporate executives.
- Ability to work independently and decisively and to successfully complete a wide variety of tasks. Ability to advance a number of projects simultaneously.
- Grant writing and grant management experience.
Salary: Depends on experience. Excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Location: Based in Albuquerque, NM with extensive travel throughout the region (persons unable to travel extensively need not apply.)
Application Procedure: Send resume and letter indicating interest in this position to The Archaeological Conservancy, 1717 Girard Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87106-1718 or to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER